Sunday, December 13, 2009

SPECIAL NEWS & THANKS!


For those thats been following me for the past month you know that I entered a big competition in the bay area.. The contest was signed by *Russel Simmons*, ran by a local man by the name of Eric Green..

Over
*600 ppl auditioned* in the bay area, *40*went to the semis, *10* went to the finals.. Its was 5 categories, rapping, singing, dancing, spoken word, & miscellaneous.. as a primary spoken word artist I gave my homie Octavious *(From my hometown)* the chance to enter the category.. I myself chose to do *stand up comedy* in miscellaneous..

1 winner from every category won.. I ended up winning along with my homie
*Octavious*.. 1 girl *(a fan)* came from out of town, paid *$14* at the door just to see me perform for 4 minutes.. I was kinda amazed by the impact I make on the internet, and its only gonna get worse..

At the end of the day I got what I wanted, I got my money & goin 2
*New York, LA, Miami* & so and so.. but overall I just wanted to show my mother that her son had a gift that *God* has blessed him with.. She thought I was completely crazy when she found out 1 month ago I was making insane videos, then was thrown off track when she found out I was into comedy..

*"Get a job son, work a 9-5, go to school"* she said.. Thats what every parent wants for their kids.. work, school, family, die.. Even though I may be taking a
*HUGE* risk by not being in school, I promised myself as long as I'm progressing, making money, & not falling.. I will continue to keep doing what I'm doing..

If theres ever a time when I'm not moving then I will go back.. until then, my fire is still burning.. I'm just glad I proved her wrong.. I had the crowd in
*tears screaming*, hell most of the laughs I heard was my mama behind my camera that she recorded..

But anyway I aint hear to preach & get into a sermon.. I just wanna say thank you 2
*ALL* the ppl that supported me, said "good luck, I'm praying for you" before my performance & all the ppl that complimented me afterwards.. Its hard 4 me 2 get at ppl 1 by 1 so writing notes is the only way 2 get 2 ALL..

*I still got a long way 2 go.. some things I wont tell/expose just yet cause I have big plans/plots comin up.. but once again I just wanna say thanks.. I love yall, foreal.. all this means alot!*

3 comments:

  1. Dude..so proud! This had me teared up..there are a rare few that are brave and blessed enough to go out and do what they believe in no matter what..you are an INSPIRATION..Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Congrats JB.
    From the first day i heard about you , you continued to grow and get better and i still have to shake my head cuz i catch myself laughing my ass off at somethings that i shouldnt laugh at.
    but like you said whatever is making you happy, and able to live ur life to the fullest extent being successful. Go right ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you won't do a bad big girl contest on Twitter, I think you are great. You have a wonderful talent that is so natural. I show everyone your videos. Your mom only wants more stability in your life as she should. But you've got something going here. And if it doesn't work out, school will be there. But I don't think you have anything to worry about :-) @awesome_angel

    ReplyDelete